In our news
Year-End Appeal Going On Now
Thanks for giving to the Year-End Appeal! It provides funding for projects that are not in our annual budget. Your gift can make a big difference.
As a result of the generous support of our friends and volunteers, much has been accomplished this year at the Joel Lane Museum House. As always, there are still many things that remain to be done. (See below for how you can help.) For this year, we are proudest of:
• Lectures by experts in their fields and outstanding special events, always well-attended, broaden our educational outreach.
• Construction of a custom-built storage shed provides crucial storage space and has freed up a room in the Museum House now interpreted as Joel Lane’s office.
• The continuing sale of inscribed brick pavers is a popular way of offsetting the cost of the shed.
• The gift shop has expanded and offers a wide variety of appealing items and price points.
• Visitation is up more than 50% over the previous year.
• The records of the entire collection of the House have been digitized into a fully searchable database.
• Engaging speaker Elliot Engel has agreed to appear again.
• Our director and many talented volunteers present “the Joel Lane story” at special events throughout the community.
• Major structural repairs to the museum buildings are complete, and all buildings are being well maintained.
• The gardens have been recognized by The Garden Conservancy, an organization dedicated to preserving exceptional American gardens for the public’s education and enjoyment.
Thank you for your help in furthering our mission of bringing history to life by preserving Wake County’s oldest home and educating the public about colonial and American history. With your generous support we can continue to do so.
Examples of What Your Gift Could Provide:
For the Educational Programs: scholarship for Hands-On History in a low-income public school $50, reference books $180
For the Museum Buildings: 18th-century American pewter pitcher for the collection $3,000
For the Garden: one month maintenance $650
For the Tour Guides: lady’s straw hat $25, boy’s breeches $65, girl’s cloak $135, lady’s cloak $150, complete male costume $325
For the Visitors Center and Office: fireproof safe for document storage $175, multi page scanner $325
For Events: period-appropriate reproduction tent $1,000
For On-Going Expenses: salaries, utilities, Hands-On History supplies, etc.
Thank you for your generous support! To make a donation, you may mail a check payable to Joel Lane Museum House to PO Box 10884, Raleigh NC 27605. For payment by MasterCard or Visa, you may call us at 919-833-3431, or you may click on the PayPal button on the following page: Donate Here (You do not need to have a PayPal account in order to donate to us through its web site.)
Joel Lane Museum House, Inc. is a 501(3) non-profit corporation. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 888-830-4989. This license is not an endorsement by the State.
Back to News Listing